Sunday, May 22, 2011

My 22nd Birthday!

My 22nd birthday was a couple of days ago and it was awesome!!!

I know that after 21 your birthdays aren't really that important anymore, but I still really like to celebrate my birthday and I don't think there is anything wrong with that. I don't expect people to throw me some big party and get me lots of presents, but it is nice to have everyone treat you a little special for one day and have an excuse to get together with friends.

This year it has been slightly crazy timing for my birthday. With graduation less than a week before I really almost forgot my birthday! My Grandma Clark being the early person she is, sent me my card about a week before and I was like oh yeah my birthday is coming up! Haha I am glad she sent it so early cause I probably wouldn't have realized it was coming up until the night before.

This year's birthday was great. I got to celebrate it two nights already and I am doing dinner with my family Monday night! Nothing like stretching out your birthday celebration from a day to a week. I am lucky enough to have received some awesome presents this year.

When my sister Heather was in town for my graduation she gave me my birthday/graduation gift. This awesome camera strap cover! She found it at this etsy shop if you are interested in getting one too. I love it! It is cute and makes the strap much more comfortable.



I have to say that although I really like Heather's gift, I kind of like this next gift more (I don't think Heather would be offended that statement, I think she would agree this one is pretty awesome). Most people probably don't understand why this gift below is so cool, so I will explain.

First of all I got this in the mail from my Grandma Warren. (it is one of my favorite things to get mail, especially when it is a package! You can't help but get excited. Don't you agree?)

So when I was younger I loved looking at my Grandma's birthday book. Not only was it a basic book where she kept a list of everyone's birthdays, it was a book that had a fortune for every day of the year. I absolutely loved flipping through the book and reading off all of my family member's fortunes and seeing how accurate it was. It was seemed to be spot on and I was amazed by it. So for my birthday this year to my surprise I opened up my package to find a book just like my grandma's!!!! You can't believe how excited I am to have it! My Grandma even wrote in all of my family member's birthday with the year they were born. I am so excited to have such a keep sake. It is definitely something I will treasure forever.


Don't you love her hand writing? Beautiful.
Again I was always amazed with the accuracy of these fortunes. What do you think does it sound like me? If you want to know what your birthday says let me know and I will be sure to share, but you have to promise to tell me how accurate it is!

This year I took it upon myself (not any different than normal) to get my friends together to go out to a nice dinner. We went to a place on Mill Ave. that I have been wanting to go to, its called La Bocca. It is a Pizza and Wine Bar with really delicious pizza, bruschetta, and sangria! Doesn't this picture just make you hungry? Nothing better than a margherita pizza!!!


And of course you can never go wrong with a good pitcher of sangria....
I was definitely dreading the morning of my birthday, because just like any other day I had to wake up at 6:30 to get to work. Lame right? You know you are growing up when you have to work on your birthday. Anyway I really didn't want to go to work all day on my birthday but I didn't really have a choice so I was kind of bummed out. That was until I actually got to work and sat at my desk. My coworker Celia had bought me a colorful cupcake and other treats and had them sitting in front of my computer just waiting for me with a birthday/graduation card. Is that not the sweetest thing ever? What makes it even sweeter is that I had only told her the day before that my birthday was the next day. I was extremely kind of her to think of me and it really picked up my day and made having to work so much better.

At work my boss also let me pick where I wanted to eat and we all ordered out and she paid for it. I picked My Big Fat Greek Restaurant because I realized Greek food is my favorite and it was delicious. I, being the intern still, had to go pick it up, but hey it was a free delicious lunch I'm not complaining.

I am going to dinner with my family tomorrow night and the rest of my presents should be coming in the mail (my mom ordered some stuff offline for me). So the birthday week will continue woohoo!

I promise graduation pics will be up next and then an update from my weekend in California and Disney. So you have something to look forward to!


1 comment: